Thursday, July 16, 2009

Steamboat Springs - Our First Family Ski Trip 3/09

We had our first family ski trip in March in Steamboat Springs which is about 3 hours northwest of Denver . It was the first time that any of us snow skied. It was actually the first time that the girls saw snow and it was the first time that She Coop played in the snow. We had a blast. We stayed in a condo within walking distance of the slopes. It was a bit of a learning experience in many ways. Without someone who had done all of this we relied a lot on the kindness of the employees at the facility. We all did ski school on the first day. She Coop was a natural, I took a little longer, but it finally clicked and we hit the "real" slopes; which were still little training slopes. I fell a few times, but for the most part was successful in pointing the wedge down the hill and going back and forth. By the second day I was getting a few actual turns in. She Coop and I did one green run; which was enough for us for this trip. I would have liked one more day to try a few more green slopes, but that will just leave me hungry for another crack at them next time. The girls both did ski school the second day and D Coop did great. E Coop was still a little young, and will probably love it more next time. She was thirsty when we picked her up. The Coop family is not used to being bundled up in all those layers!

We went tubing out at a ranch on the last day which was a blast and a nice break from the slopes. We'll have to go horse back riding in the snow next time. I'd also like a crack at climbing a mountain or doing some ice climbing (I have never done either.)

































1 comment:

James Lovell said...

north face outlet berkeley I am typically to running a blog and i actually admire your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your website and maintain checking for brand spanking new information.http://www.usd309ks.org